Sunday, February 27, 2011

To the Rescue

As I was (am?) the senior class president of Washburn High 1986, I have a responsibility to organize the reunions. Well, I didn't do it for the 10, nor the 15, nor the 20, but I decided to really try to organize the 25. I got a facebook page together, I invited people, I organized meet-ups... and only one guy showed up to any of it. So imagine my surprise to get a facebook notification that "we're throwing the 25th" from a few people in the class, asking if I wanted to help out.

At this point, with everything else going on in my life, I'm EXTREMELY comfortable shuttering my own effort and backing the competing party. Same weekend, and let's face it, it's the popular gang organizing it... so it will succeed.

I did run my Senior President campaign on only one platform: Everyone could be in the Senior Movie, and I would do really fun Morning Announcements. And I did both - with a camcorder at a school assembly... and at least I think I did good announcements. I was probably a legend in my own mind on that. So it's no surprise that the "real" leaders of my class would be organizing this sort of thing... I was just a goofball who stole the crown. From my former best friend, actually. But that's another story.

Sigh - I really pity people who say High School was the best years of their life. Moving on:

Bella competed this weekend in Regionals for Synchro, and her team actually won the GOLD MEDAL!!! This is in spite of the fact that during their performance routine, one member decided to get creative and do her own routine separate. It's called SYNCHRONIZED swimming, people. Apparently our girls got enough on the technicals to pull ahead, so good for them! It's been a hard season so far with so much snow and missed practices. But they did it!

That had Bella up VERY late Friday and Saturday nights, and she took her time going down tonight too. She'll be a tired girl for school I imagine. All this Synchro had me and Isaac hanging out a lot. It was very fun.

Ok, it's a short update - my eyes are blearing, so it's off to bed.

No comments: