Thursday, November 22, 2012

Forty Five

Forty Four wound up being a very good year.  Both Bella and Isaac have taken such incredible leaps in the past year:  Isaac working on his reading, his math, and generally growing into big-boyness.  Bella with her new Synchro club, and being a peaceful, smart 4th grader.  Her kindness and serenity amazes me every day...  even when she is pulled into drama with Isaac.

I supported Pamela's new business, and have been proud to see her out in the world connecting with people and making plans.

My work was wonderful this year - No huge dramas, and a lot of emerging work in areas that I have been laying seeds for years.  I made a good amount of money, and signed up work that will have it increase a bit next year...   which I'll need to fix the leaks in the shower.  I bought an ownership stake in my company too, but don't think we'll be selling anytime REAL soon.

I got two couples married in my 44th year.  I read a LOT of books and saw a LOT of movies.  I played a lot of cards, and built a lot of Legos.  I cuddled my dogs.

I wasn't as recreationally creative in 44 as I have been in other years - I didn't blog nearly as much, I didn't write a piece of music, I barely worked on languages...   I didn't play my drums as much as I had hoped (but maybe I need to move them to the basement, so that I'm less self conscious about the "whump whump whump" audible throughout the house.

I did exercise, and actually got into running - I'd say I ran almost 50 miles in my 44th year, which is 50 more than I ran in my 43rd.  In my 44th year, we got into climbing the rock wall at REI.

As a gift, the elections turned out in a way that pleased me, though I confess I didn't do a lot of volunteering or phone banking or even donating...  But I still felt good about it.

Not a lot of regrets in 44.  I'm looking forward to 45 being pretty great too.

No comments: