Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Old Dog New Tricks

A quick one: As I've become a serial renter of vehicles on the road, one of my least favorite things has been trying to remember which side of the car the gas cap is on. Heck, I forget it with cars I OWN. I pull up, get out, see that I've decided incorrectly, and have to restart the car and move it. It is a regular dance of frustration.

So imagine my amazement when my co-worker in Cleveland pointed to the dashboard and gave me this ancient wisdom:

"There, on the gas gauge: There's a picture of the gas pump, and there's a triangle next to it. The triangle points to where the gas cap is on the car".

Sure enough, it's right. And it's on every car.

NOW, there's an internet legend that says that the side of the pump icon that the hose is coming off of matches the side the gas is on. That is NOT true. But if there's a little triangle icon next to that fuel pump, it's telling you where the gas cap is. REALLY.

I'm 42 years old and learned something new AND useful.

No comments: