Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The inner light

Ok this is odd. As i posted before, I had been talking about great tv episodes. On the subject of Star Trek, i had picked a couple that I had loved but they didn't hold up that well. But I realized that there was one episode everyone talks about that I had never seen - the inner light. The one where Picard is zapped with an alien probe and lives a full life on a dying world. How can this be?

Well, it's hard to remember the 1990s when there wasn't tivo, or movies streamed on demand. I simply missed it every time it was on. For a few years, and never rented it either. I just missed it.

Flash forward to today - you tell me there's something I need to see, give me an Internet connection and dang right I'll be watching it within an hour. So I watched it. And wiped tears away, several times. Wow, that was a great episode! Great acting, good story, and a minimization of the technobabble that undoes so many trek episodes. Trek is redeemed for me now.

Yes i watched it on the iPad and yes I'm blogging again from the pad. I'm growing to love this thing more each day. And I typed this whole thing on the iPad keyboard - and am not too slow at it either.

The future is here, yo.

No comments: