Thursday, May 27, 2010

Earthling

Tonight as I was cuddling Bella:

"Dad, you know how [her friend] Remy had a bit of a fancy party [two weeks ago]? How we had our toenails painted and did our hair and everything? Well I want to have the OPPOSITE party.

I want to paint my toenails... with mud.

And I want to have sticks and leaves in my hair. And I want to go down a slip and slide.

And when my friends arrive, the slip and slide will be out front, and it'll be the FIRST thing we all do."

That's my girl. It's good to be home tonight. She has given up on all pajamas and only wears my old t-shirts to bed now. We were also discussing how I make use of the 4 pillows I get in the hotel rooms: I told her one for my head, one for my back (to feel cuddled), one in front to hug and a spare. She suggested I put it at my feet to emulate Zinsser.

I'm looking forward to a long weekend - our fence is up, and we just need to get some fill-in mesh for the existing neighbor fencing, and then our back yard will be Zinsser Paradise.

No comments: