Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Difficulties in the flying.

I escaped Cleveland this afternoon on my way down to New Orleans to do some fun Business Intelligence assessment work for a client down there. Nowhere near the French Quarter, by the way. But Memphis was my connection, and Memphis is where I am staying tonight. Something about a mechanical problem with the airplane.

Hopefully nothing like THIS (via the Onion)

Anyway, being mister Platinum Traveler, I got put in the same hotel as the flight crew, and booked into the first flight out tomorrow (yes, first class too). The only compromise was that they really really didn't want to pull my luggage, so instead I ran over to Target to get some necessities. Like a Tony Soprano shirt and fresh socks and undies. Things will be just fine.

That is, if I can find a CAR: Apparently there are no rental cars in New Orleans for love nor money. Not one. So I'll be cabbing it, I guess, which is also fine. Nothing's going to bug me.

In the meantime, I did miss out on a dinner with "The Bosses" back in Cleveland. This would have been a very surreal night, so I'm glad to be missing it. And I got a start on two of three industry white papers I've been meaning to write. Paper number 3 will be a little harder because I know nothing about it... yet.... But that's why I volunteered to do it - to learn.

No comments: