Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Fantastic Invention

I had a pair of corduroy pants rigged up so that whenever they "whiff" from friction, it creates a minor electrostatic circuit that powers a series of LEDs that spell "whiff whiff" down my legs. I did this so that deaf people could also enjoy my corduroy slacks.

And then to help the blind, every time the LEDs light, a synthesized "whiff whiff" is activated on my pant-leg based MP3 player. This is just in case the whiff whiff from the actual pant leg is not "optimal" - the MP3 is the platonic ideal of corduroy rubbing corduroy.

I don't actually like to wear corduroy however, so I have created a version of the 1970's Lee Jeans testing robots what simply moves it's legs as I walk. So it wears the pants, really.

But it's pretty cool. You should see it.

No comments: