Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Platypus Railroad Dream

This was a dream I had in July 2002: Documented for posterity and
blogged for all to see.

I was at Stanford University, staying in a dorm room run by the guys
who run the AppleTurns website. I was in trouble because I had answered the phone incorrectly, and was on my way to class.

Out a window in the courtyard, I saw a man with a bear-sized platypus on a leash. The platypus was actually very bear-like and was strangely feral. But it was undoubtedly a platypus.


I entered my classroom, and was excited to find that the Platypus was destined for a visit! Our professor told us about the great Platypus Line of trains, which are powered by the gaseous emissions of Giant Platypuses.
These are the finest trains in the world, our professor told us.

The man with the Platypus came to the classroom door, and I saw he was dressed in a Casey Jones-like engineer outfit. The Platypus paced angrily outside.


The Engineer pointed at the Professor and declared that the Professor was not a professor at all, but rather was a disgraced Platypus train engineer himself, who had been drummed out of the industry for getting "high"
off of the Platypus fumes.


Our professor confessed that this was indeed the truth, and that he had only invited the Platypus to join us in hopes of getting a contact high, to remember his old days.


And then I woke up.

No comments: