Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What's happening?

1) Pamela's back continues to improve: She is almost back to full fighting strength, and is capable of caring for the kiddos on her own for good stretches. She hasn't needed much pain killer, so we're optimistic that her back is definitely on the mend.

Her finger was looked at by the docs today, and they'll start doing exercises with the finger this weekend: Which means they're optimistic that it's healing. So I'm hoping to have a fully functional googy in the near future. Whew!

2) Isaac Isaac Isaac. He is now pulling up to stand, and then raising his hands, standing free. He is so proud of himself... he gives such a big smile when he stands! It's only a matter of time before he's marching around the house. I wonder how Bella will take it?

3) Bella Bella Bella. The other morning, I was sleeping in, Pamela had Isaac downstairs. Bella came downstairs and told Pamela "I was in my room and I heard a sound, so I went out into the hall to see what it was, and then I went into your room, and I realized the sound was coming out of daddy's nose".

She has a soccer ball now, and loves to carry it around and do a LITTLE kicking work. Perhaps more than kicking, she likes to have the ball rolled to her so she can STOP it with her foot, and tap it back. Again, she likes activities where CONTROL is the object, not distance of kicking....

4) ME AMO CRAIGSLIST. Oh my goodness. We're getting rid of a few things (including one of the big TVs). I put postings on Craigslist, and I had two of the things gone the same night, paid for by cash, no muss no fuss. Item 3 will be picked up tomorrow. It's amazing - people really read these ads and come get stuff. And there are no fees, and you're not bombarded by people asking for shipping costs and will I return the balance from a cashier's check that you always get with Ebay. CRAIGSLIST UBER ALLES.

And yes, we're down to one TV now, and our living room has no TV: We're changing the lifestyle - TV is a destination (basement) if we want to see something we make an effort. We're also reverting to basic cable and losing the DVR. We have books to read, languages to learn, and children to play with. Who needs it?

That's the update for now... Now that things are getting less crazy at the house with Pamela back in action, I'm hoping to update with more regularity again!

No comments: