Sunday, July 26, 2009

The runway of doom

The bad news was that my flight out was delayed and the gate changed
twice. The good news is that we caught a tailwind and landed at our
original time

The good news is that we just missed a big storm in Philly and landed
safely. The bad news is that Philly is a parking lot now with all of
the planes that were stuck trying to get out. And we're stuck on the
ground with nowhere to go.

Been sittting here for 20 min so far, a mere 100 feet from our gate
waiting on someone to pull is forward. Awesomeness.

Also, just discovered that awesomeness is in my iPhone spellchecker.

Blogged from my iPhone

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And why wouldn't "Awesomeness" be in your iPhone spellcheker? What personifies awesomemess more than an iPhone? Scott G

Anonymous said...

Busy day for you today. Thinking of you as you bat from PA to NJ and back again. May all be well.

Jimmy B said...

Thanks! I made the 10 block walk to the Zipcar parking lot without incident, got my mini cooper, drove to Jersey, and am now in my old spot, doing followup work.

Trying to figure out which lunch I'll grab on the way back today!

Anonymous said...

You are the most interesting man in the world. I'll be you speak Russian - in French. Stay thirsty, my son.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the ads for Mexican beer that are often run on Comedy Central - they feature the adventures of "the most interesting man in the world" and are wonderful send-ups of the "privileged escapade" trope we are used to seeing. The latest one lists this man as having fascinating talents - in a voice-over we hear "he can speak Russian --- in French." Every time I hear that I crack up and I think of you and your love of languages. The ads always end with a shot of the man surrounded by beauties and he says he likes the beer and recommends to the camera "Stay thirsty, my friend." skyahly

Jimmy B said...

I just Youtubed them - HILARIOUS!!!