Monday, September 21, 2009

3 Years

My little Isaac turned three years old today. I did spend a moment with him this morning just as he was turning 3: When my alarm went off at 4:30am to get me to the Airport, Isaac woke up too, hollering "DAD!!! DAD!!!! WHAT'S THAT SOUND????" I went in to see him and told him it was my clock. He chuckled - that's no CLOCK dad. It sounds like... like... a FIRE TRUCK!" I gave him a big kiss and lay down by his bed to help him drift back off to sleep... then crept off to the shower, though I would have loved nothing more than to keep on snoozing, even on the floor.

The weekend went quickly - our effectiveness was impacted due to the complete collapses we had on Saturday - but things felt better by Sunday. Sunday evening, we took Isaac and his two sisters (including Jenny) to the California Pizza Kitchen for a treat. Evening's not the right word - somehow once we arrived we realized it was only 4pm. But more's the better to have the place to ourselves as Isaac reminded us why we don't take him to restaurants: The boy cannot be contained. But he sure is cute doing what he's doing.

Anecdote from the weekend: Isaac came to me the other day asking if he can have the "DA-da DA-da". I had no idea what he was talking about despite his repeated attempts to tell me about the DAda DAda. Finally he took my hand and said "come with me, dad, I'll show you". He pointed to a card on the desk - a birthday card we have in wait for one of my friends - and I opened it - it plays the Chicken Dance. He started dancing, hollering "DAda DAda!"

So I'm back in Philly. Work was work: A smooth flight, but stuck in Coach. A beautiful room at the Courtyard that overlooks City Hall (I can look up at Ben Franklin). Got more things done on my assessment, plus work for Jersey, and some fresh work for an Allentown rehab hospital. Then took a little break for a short nap and the season premiere of Heroes. It didn't unlatch my brain or anything the same way as Terminator or Dollhouse has, so I may be a bit of a fair weather friend to this series this year.

Tomorrow I'm off to Jersey for the AM... good times will be had by all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Che bene. So Isaac and his cousin M share a day (21) in common - we're all family. Love to you and Isaac!