Thursday, September 24, 2009

Full Brain

I had a few major interviews in the last 2 days, getting overviews on how Electrophysiology procedures are documented, as well as how heart-lung machines operate and when/how clamp procedures are documented.... also how Pacemakers are tracked, plus long discussions with peers at other hospitals about how THEIR cardiology departments are structured. That's a lot of info to take in.

I find myself in the odd position of feeling as though my brain is actually FULL. I can't even transcribe my notes yet - I need to close my eyes and let all of this information start to get collated and filed. I need to do nothing with my brain for a little bit.

Speaking of my brain: I had one of my odd "waking moments" last night. I woke up and grew convinced that all of my possessions in the hotel room had "shifted" to one or two rooms over: As though all of us hotel guests have our things on a lazy susan, and it had spun. That suitcase, that laptop, those clothes, all someone else's. Pretty much the whole floor was going to wake up and find someone else's stuff in their rooms. Unless I did something.

So I sat up, closed one eye, extended both arms in front of me, and "waved" them to the right. The first time didn't work: I felt my fingers "slip off". So I firmed my hands and gave a more purposeful flick. And it all rotated... but THESE weren't my things either. So one more flick, and I took a look, and yes, THESE were my things. Satisfied, I put my head back down, and was fast asleep.

Now, when I woke up, my things were indeed there. But more strangely, I remembered doing this whole thing very clearly, as real as if I had got up for a drink of water. So yes, a strange evening.

I'm looking forward to coming home tonight, having family time this weekend, and most importantly, having a one-on-one date with Pamela on Sunday to celebrate her birthday (which is Monday). It feels like months since we had time with just the two of us, and I'm extremely excited.

Ok - enough brain activity - time to go look at a website that makes fun of poorly made cakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kMJ_1MXZq0&feature=related

I don't know if you will find this funny or not. But wait for the puppy part anyway, it's an AWWWWW, moment.