Saturday, October 10, 2009

The lingering yuck

So I've been mostly well, but have had moments of fading in and out of wellness: For a day I thought "Sinus infection", another day "Exhaustion". Today, there was an accidental 3 hour nap. I'm up too late, but am headed up in just a few minutes.

We're on deathwatch with Pamela's iMac again: This time it's the logic board... but this is the only problem I've had since I bought 3 years ago... and we do know how the lifespan of computers is not all that long anymore. It's just a month beyond its 3 year warranty, so this one will be a good $800 to fix, so we're better off going for a new machine. But the problem is intermittent, and at least it's not data related - our songs and pictures are safe, unlike the hell I documented a few years back. (The sharp eyed will note that yes, there was a data problem with this computer last summer, but it was with an external hard drive, not the computer itself). But I'm looking at another computer purchase sometime in the next few weeks, I suppose! Sigh.

Jimmy's techno mojo continues, because the cordless phones we bought last year are all expiring too - holding a charge for around 10 minutes of talk time before abruptly disconnecting. Seriously, what am I doing wrong???

It was a good day with the kids - we bought pumpkins and had lunch at Chipotle. Bella built a lego helicopter. Isaac jumped off of things over and over again and didn't get hurt. Zinsser walked to to door and barked when he needed to go potty, and didn't have any accidents. And Pamela even got a nap in too. We're switching the decor over to fall (though based on today, maybe we should skip it and head straight into winter decor! SNOW on Oct 10?)

Allright I'm headed up. Pamela is vegging to some Food Network, and that's ok. I stayed up too late watching the Tivo of Dollhouse and Fringe, AND getting caught up on So you think you can Dance. So yeah, the only TV I care about is on Fox. CRAZY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

take your time - this bug took a good ten days for me and only in the past couple of days have I been able to even think straight.... patience. you've got a good immune system and a strong body, give them a chance to get on top and stay there and with good food and liquids, give yourself every break you can. be good to yourself.