Thursday, November 05, 2009

S'gonna be allright

So the last post had some frustration in it. No question I'm having some issues with the clients, but nothing I can't work through. Last night I took a break headed to an Irish Pub, had a great burger and fries and a tasty brew, and felt my frustration melt away. I got back to the room and watched the premiere of "V", which was just fine. I got some good work done after that, and went into work feeling pretty good.

Yes I crunched more data, and yes I walked a long long way in these loafers that aren't ideal for long walks... and now I'm at the airport getting ready to come home for a long weekend: I'm working from home for half of next week, and the other half will be in N'awlins at our annual company meeting.

Three nice things:
First was listening to a podcast of Ira Glass interviewing Joss Whedon in front of a live audience. It was nerd-vana, and I loved every minute of it.

Second was remembering about Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog. I may need to watch that with Pamela right away.

Third was watching V: See, we KNOW the V's are bad, because we remember it from last time... but Morena Baccarin is just so wonderful as Anna. She was great on Firefly as well (as was Alan Tudyk, who plays an FBI agent... it it too much to ask for a cameo by River Tam - I mean Summer Glau? ;-> ) It's not high art, but it's a good diversion.

One final thing before I board: I went to a pizza place for lunch today where their motto is "Pizza by the CUT!" Which makes no sense so I had to go in. Turns out they make pizza in giant rectangles cut into long strips, and as you go through the line, the guy picks up one end of the strip, the guy lifts the strip and takes a pair of scissors: How much you want? They cut the size piece you want. Pizza... BY THE CUT.

It's a ridiculous gimmick, but the pizza was delicious, so I'm willing to forgive it.

No comments: