Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Three Images

1) Bella on Sunday night: She thinks that when you die you stand on God's shoulders and try to reach the stars. All of the dead people are up there and the pile is REALLY high. And Grant is up on the top reaching.

2) Isaac in the car on Monday: I was flipping past radio stations and stopped on one that was playing some classic 1950s rock and roll. Isaac said "I love this music! Do you know this music? What is it called?" I said "It's Rock and Roll".

He said "Oh yes. I used to LOVE this music, back when I was a different big kid. And you were a different Daddy, and Mom was a different Mommy. And I was black."

Obviously, he was channeling SOMETHING... I'm not sure what to make of that one. The barriers between realities are pretty soft for the young, and I think there's a window in there where they have language but the door starts closing. I think we should listen more to 3 year olds... bearing in mind that a lot of it will also have to do with Lightning McQueen and Chick Hicks. You need to listen for the gems. This was the age at which Bella was mystically referring to "Tree is coming" as well...

3) Today Pamela was in the back yard with Bella and Zinsser and Isaac went back into the house. After a while Pamela asked Bella to check on Isaac, and ran back out sputtering.

Yes, Isaac had pulled a chair up to the kitchen sink, taken out the sprayer, and had turned our counter into a waterfall, with a big grin. There was a sloshable amount of water on the floor, and at least one phone was soaked... Good to know that in addition to being a potentially wise old soul, Isaac is also still a rambunctious kid.

No comments: