Monday, March 25, 2013

Vacation Vacation Vacation

I have one thing on my mind right now.  VACATION.  In mere days we will be headed out to paradise, and it is very very hard for me to focus on non-paradisiacal activities.  There is work I could be doing in the evenings - there are Powerpoints to tweak, spreadsheets to wrangle, proposals to generate.  But tonight, I just want to go on vacation.  I am not doing my Just Do It challenge either - after my steak, I let Piano slide.  When I get BACK from Vacation, I will re-dedicate myself, but for now, please, GET OFF MY BACK.  Go play "The Sting" soundtrack if you want to hear "The Entertainer"  I'm busy thinking about seashells.

We went to Target last night to "refresh" our vacation wear:  Pamela said "our challenge is to be the most colorful family on Sanibel".  I got Isaac and myself some seriously retina-searing ensembles, and I cannot WAIT to bust them out.   It wound up being quite the shopping trip.  Thank goodness for the tax refund.

I've been having more fun with color recently, sporting bright yellow or red pants, bright orange and purple shirts...   part of me is saying "MINNESOTA if you cannot be a little less gray and miserable, then I will overcompensate."  Only Isaac rocks a brighter color scheme these days - and that's protective so that we can easily spot him as he sprints off into the distance.

At Target, Isaac decided to go stealth:  He said "3-2-1 DISAPPEAR" and he did disappear.  He was never further than 20 feet from me, and always came out when I hollered, but in the meantime, he slunk low to the ground, hiding behind clothing racks, and generally disappearing.  It was a little unnerving, but he loved it.  A few times, I rounded a corner to find him standing on an end cap, posed like a mannequin, hoping I wouldn't notice him.  That made me laugh, and I wish I could have got a picture of it.

One of my favorite things to do nowadays is to "move like Isaac" - the kid bounces around like a lemur, so to enter a room and move around like him AS AN ADULT is both visually stimulating AND a good cardio workout.  I think that simply moving like him for an hour would put anyone into shape.

Update on Bella:  Her friend Minori did write back with some pictures - she's wearing glasses now!  Bella was so thrilled she fired back a new message right away:  I hope this keeps going - it's very cute.  And hey, if they decide they want to get together, I'd love to take her to Japan.  Watashi-no Nihongo-wa totemo subarashii desu!  (my japanese (language) is totally fantastic).

Finally, Pamela's out doing another Silpada party - I'm really happy for her doing this stuff - because it's giving her a reason to reach out, be social, go to parties, and connect with friends.  We've been in our shells for the past few years, and we need to get out.  I am hoping to perhaps connect with the neighbors a bit more in the coming months - once the thaw comes through...

DID I MENTION I am sick of winter, and want to go on vacation?  SO READY FOR THIS.


No comments: