Saturday, November 26, 2005

Finally Better

So whatever crud Bella had for a whole week was somehow transferred to me (I do have a memory of a cough being delivered directly into my eyeball), and it knocked me OUT for this entire week. I was working 1/2 days M-T-W, and was asleep most of Th-Fri, and only today can I say that my mojo is in fact working.

This made for me only half-participating in the two great celebrations of November: My Birthday and Thanksgiving. As far as Thanksgiving goes - I was material support while Pamela was the cook mistress... though I did have to leave the celebration early and pass out, alas.

On the day before my birthday, we did go out to dinner, but I was out shortly after that. On the day of, we combined festivities with my consulting firm's "thank you" for me smoothing over a situation where one of our people failed to deliver for many moons, and cost us thousands... My thank you was dinner at Morton's!

So they came with a Limo, and whisked us off to Morton's and the meal was delightful, but I was basically watching the proceedings from behind a veil of haze... and milliseconds after being dropped off, I was out again.

I'm quite ready for this crud to be thoroughly gone - but even today there was a lingering ache... UGH.

No comments: