Sunday, November 13, 2005

On the 80's

1) It appears that the Madonna album I was reviewing actually will not be released until later this week. I cannot explain then how I came to believe I heard it and passed judgement. Must have been a VERY vivid dream. That's the most likely solution.

2) One of my pet peeves about the Sirius 80's First Wave station is that when playing Alphaville Forever Young, they use the horrid 1989 remix where they got their grubby hands on a Fairlight or something....

3) I am continually torn about Duran Duran: Are they actually good, or do i love what they make me REMEMBER about life back when they were new? I remember drunkenly shouting "Ba-bada-ba-ba-ba-bada THIS IS PLANET EARTH" at more than one party. My love for Notorious had more to do with the fact that Nick's Emax had the riff sampled in it and we played it endlessly. And it's possible my love for the two 90's hits (ordinary world, come undone) was because I was working as a music sequencer and had to do those two for cash, so I got very familiar with them.

I'm leaning toward the "nostalgia love" bit, actually. Though their first two albums did work SO very well... But then it was also because they were expermenting and pushing envelopes.

So, no decision there.

No comments: