Wednesday, January 04, 2006

You call this UPDATED?

Sorry to both of you who read this that I haven't been updating this past week - the holidays were hectic. A few tidbits:

1) The In-Laws were in town for New Year's and we worked on a secret project for Pamela's Grandma's 90th birthday: a hardbound iPhoto book of her life. 70 pages, and we scanned over 130 old pictures! We hit the limit of my old (3 years) scanner, and I ran off to MicroCenter and I got a new one - WAY better - higher resolution, faster, and with better software for autodetecting documents and cropping - it completely made the task do-able! One button press per picture!

2) My Language Frenzy continues unabated: I just finished lesson 25 of Spanish, and have been working through German Textbook to improve my grasp of grammar: I'm finally "getting" some of the compound constructs. Example - Schlissen is to use a key. Abschlissen is to lock, Aufschlissen is to unlock, Einschlissen is to Lock IN, Ausschlissen is to Lock OUT.... It's a language by and for nerds.

Also, I had fun with Papa - since I'll be going to Tokyo sometime in 2006, I'll be learning Japanese, and I want to know how to do some basic reading. So I got some kiddie books on Kana and Kanji, and am learning them by drawing them. So Papa and I went shopping for Calligraphy pens and Sumi brushes and grid-ruled notebooks... it was a great bonding experience!

3) The MOVIE premiere was Tuesday the 27th, and it was VERY well received. Nick the Chicken and I went together, had dinner at the Loring Pasta bar first, then over to the Varsity, where we sat with over 200 people to watch the 2 hour romantic dramedy that Justin wrote, directed, and starred in. It was inspiring - just the concept of it - and the movie was very good too! Great work Justin, and I was happy to be a part of it!

That's it for right now, but there will be more updates in the coming days...

Jimmy

1 comment:

Paul said...

zzzz....

Dude! What do you do with your life?!? ;)

Who's your other fan?