Wednesday, February 07, 2007

And better still

Isaac slept pretty well last night - only one wakeup. He is starting to get his appetite back, and he's definitely clearing up on the wheezy front - I hope this is starting to move beyond us... but will not be counting any unhatched chickens just yet. It's just not smart. Anyway - he's a lot more "consolable" - the crying jags are much less, but he still needs extra cuddles, and likes to fall asleep in our arms, not the crib. We're also weaning off the nebulizer - that stuff was probably making him cranky too - what with it being basically speed. We're down to one a day now, and will probably end it this week.

At which point the Penguin air compressor will be used only to blow up balloons for balloon animals. HA!

So with this crisis nearly behind us, i'm starting to try to get my head back into the world again. I was in meetings today back-to-back, and actually did not almost fall asleep in any of them. I am starting to read my German magazines again, and my spanish novella - use it or lose it! And yes, the next brainready products are in the hopper - but first I need to re-sharpen my brain from the collective "dulling" of the past two weeks of sick kiddage.

A quick correction on my previous numbers on Brainready - while we're doing pretty well, the page hits numbers were artificially inflated: It turns out we have 4000 subscribers to our audio podcasts. Each of them has software that is checking our website once a day for an update. So 4000 x 30 days - 120,000 "hits" and they're all legitimate, but they're not 120,000 people reading us.

Still, that 4000 is twice as many as hit us in December, which is twice as many as in November... it is growing at a decent rate, and considering that we have not actually advertised anywhere, I'm pretty happy.

And it makes me think that we're building something people enjoy: If we had gone from 0-100,000 I feel we could have gone right back to zero as quickly - the slashdot effect - a very popular website links to you, and suddenly you have a million hits, but then once that day is passed and they're on to something else, who remembers you?

Sales of the book are somewhat slow... I think that the key will be to have a few books out there (working on #2 now), and even better, I think that a GAME with our exercises might be a breakout product. I'm drawing up some ideas on that.

So I'm back to my one-million ideas thing. It's good to be Jimmy.

No comments: