Tuesday, December 11, 2007

We have liftoff!

Pamela is finally at Miraval!!! She left this morning, and called this afternoon with a rave review of her room - with high ceilings, a fireplace, a private veranda with mountain view... A fine place to relax! After two tries (Try one cut short by the arrival of Isaac, try two canceled when Mark died) it's nice to have her out there enjoying her 40th birthday present, a year late, but no less appreciated!

I took the day off: Bella had a puking incident last night - more likely food related than flu - but nonetheless that meant school was no-go. We had our fun, building a gingerbread house, drawing, and playing a lot. Isaac's health seems back on track too, as is his appetite. Knock on wood, but things seem ok.

I'm a bit tuckered - I still did my 6am workout, but got no nap in the day. I had a babysitter for the evening so I could go learn about options for Bella at our elementary school: They have a great program called "Continuous Progress" where a teaching team keeps the kids for 5 years, and there are mixed grades: Very grade specific things like Math are still taught in grade settings, but the core class is mixed grades...

The more I listened to it, the more sense it made, and it really sounds like something Bella would do well with - especially considering her two best friends are a year older than her, and she plays regularly with kids even older and younger... So I think we'll have to try for CP. I'm a believer.

And now I'm off to bed!

No comments: