Monday, December 31, 2007

The road to recovery

It looks like Isaac is finally starting to feel better - his sniffles are subsiding, his cough is clearing up, and his appetite is returning. Better, his appetite is back: Lots of bottles, but also human snacks. I got him to eat almost a full hot dog today... boy, it makes me crazy that I feel like it's a huge success to get him to eat a HOT DOG or a chicken nugget... but that's our lot in life.

I can only hope that this will signal slightly more restful nights - or at least nights where Isaac will allow Pamela to comfort him! At least I've had a lot of cuddles with him... and many with Bella too: I've been spoiled with hugs these days. It's wonderful.

At least we're relaxing around here during the days and evenings: We watched the full Bourne trilogy - simply FANTASTIC: And I hadn't figured out just how closely interlinked 2 and 3 are.... it was amazing to see how they slotted together. As a fill in we've been watching Two Fat Ladies and All Creatures Great and Small. And there has been much snacking.

I am trying to not let work hassle me these final few weeks... I fully admit that the past couple of weeks were a bit of a horror, with pretty major revelations throwing all sorts of spanners into the works. But with these behind me, I think I can move on and be proactive!

I'm off work tomorrow, which will be nice to ring in 2008. Resolutions? I think that simply moving to my new work will create new opportunities. As long as I keep with my working out schedule, keep on learning my new languages, keeping the family going... no major changes required! Perhaps work on my relaxation!

No comments: