Thursday, February 28, 2008

A few quotes from the Girl

1) "Issac's like a box. He's brown, and people can carry him around."

2) Dad is holding both Isaac and Bella, lying on the ground.
"We're just like a burrito! Isaac's the beans, and I'm the rice! And you're the bowl. Mommy can be the cheese and sour cream"

3) Playing Go Fish (with animal cards - mommy and baby are the pair):

Dad: Do you have a mouse?

Bella: Which one do you have... the baby?

Dad: Yes, the baby.

Bella: Oh, I can just imagine that baby mouse, it's so cute.
(closes eyes and smiles)
I can imagine that mouse any time and it's right there in my mind....
You know who else I can imagine and they're right there in my mind?
You and Issac. Even when I'm playing with Jenny, I can imagine you, and it's like you're there with us.
(eyes remain closed)

Dad: So... do you have the mommy Mouse then?

Bella: (long pause)
I've completed my journey, and now I think I need to tell you.....
...
No. (eyes snap open with a grin)

4) Isaac Bonus: Not to be outdone by his sister, Issac has developed a "diabolical cackle" when he is officially "up to no good". We watched him dismantle the cushions on a chair that indicated he would be climbing up to attack one of the nearby decorations... and as he did so, he had a low satisfied chuckle that burbled up into prime villainous laughter. Pamela and I were in stitches.

Later, he had got ahold of my iPhone, but I was immediately alerted by his "Mwahahahaha!" worthy of Ming the Merciless. It's just amazing to watch him being bad, and KNOWING he's being bad. Good think we still love him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant storytelling - both of you. How lovely it must feel to be back safe and sound. I am so happy you got to return early. Enjoy your weekend.