Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

After the obsessive post-a-thon of last week, I imagine you're all going through some sort of withdrawal. For that I am sorry.

Getting caught up - I went into work Mon-Tues to find a ghost town, but did dredge up some meaningful work to justify my existence... At least a little. Monday started with a 6am Bodypump AND a 6:30pm Bodypump, followed immediately by the Avengers coming for for a little early New Years scotch tasting and Dark Knight viewing. Got to bed well after 1pm.

Which made Tuesday AM a bit rough, as I was on the hook for a "public practice" of BodyAttack at 6am. I made it, we had a good class, but I needed to pass out a bit afterward. Papabam braved the weather and brought niece Lilli along for the New Year. Even better, they brought along the fixings for Portillos Italian Beef sandwiches, which made for a delicious dinner.

Pamela got it into her head that soups and sandwiches would be our order of business for this trip, so she whipped up three vats of soup, filling the house with delicious aromas.

On the 31st I had a few conference calls but didn't go into the office at all - and had some great family time. As is tradition, our New Years starts with a Papabam Christmas (yay more presents!), then a big dinner (Soup!!!). Isaac went to bed at the usual time, but we let Bella stay up a bit longer - we were watching her like a hawk, so when here eyes started to roll up, it was time for me to cue up the tape of New Years in Taipei. We sang and celebrated, then packed her off to bed (at 8:45pm). Then we all stayed up a bit longer with icecream, toffee cake, and peanut brickle. Happy New Year!

I started the new year off right today by doing a double shift at Time Out Fitness: I participated in BodyPump at 10, and then led the "formal" launch of BodyAttack at 11:15. We had a good crowd at each - lots of regulars, but also some new resolution holders. But working the double slightly exhausted me, and I accidentally took a nap on the couch. Poor Pamela also figured out yesterday that she has a sinus infection, and started her Z-Pack... and has been a little under the weather. But if you're going to be sick, there's nothing like having backup in the house to cover Bella and Isaac, right?

No comments: