Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ready for home

I'm officially playing hooky on this last day of the conference... I walked around Dallas (the least pedestrian friendly city on earth I believe), had a little early lunch, have been working, emailing, etc. Anything to avoid a "motivational speech" by the former captain of the Blue Angels. This whole thing has been very tightly scheduled from 7am to 10pm every day, and I needed a little me time.

The awards ceremony last night was a grueler: there were over 45 people awarded in one way or another: 10 specials, 35 "supersales". And each one got called out, walked up with the same little funky theme song, and took a picture. And we stood for each one. It was long. And no I didn't win... Which is ok.

Back to Gilley's: I've been finding more evidence that I perhaps didn't come through the bull experience unscathed: I found a bruise on my thigh that is 10 inches long and 2 inches wide. Massive. My elbow has a huge red mark. My right ring finger is bruised purple. Nothing actually HURTS, but I'm not looking my best. Better than the guy who bit his tongue however.

I tried to sleep in today, but my room is next to the elevator shaft, so this "rrrrrrooooommmmmmmmmmmm WrrrrrooooooooOOOOOOOMMMmmmmmmm" started up around 5:30... I went to work out but all of the machines were occupied but this strange device which I think you're supposed to PRANCE on: Prancemaster. It was very odd.

Yeah, I'm ready to be back in my own zone. It'll just be nice to be home tonight and see the family before I take off again for Seattle for one more night...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh, still recovering from the brisk "welcome" you received courtesy of the arctic air? I hope the mammals of Scott Terrace are huddling and staying warm.