Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wonderful Bella

1) Tonight Jenny was over, and the three of them were somewhat quiet upstairs for a while. Bella ran downstairs and asked "can I have some socks?" Why? "We want to make sock puppets." We pointed her to my sports socks drawer and told her to take what she wants. She ran back up stairs and we heard her exclaim:

"Jenny! Wonderful News! We can use my dad's SOCKS!!!"

Wonderful news???

2) Of course I had to tell her about my fun evening in San Fran with Al and Topsoil as I put her to bed tonight (see previous blog posting). Naturally I finished with "and there was a NAKED MAN" which led to lots and lots of giggles. At the end of the story, she asked the name of the naked man I said "Avi" which isn't right, but it's not far off.

She said "Avi? That's a strange name!"

I responded "You think Avi is strange? What do you think about Topsoil's name?"

She paused...

"Well soil means dirt, and dirt is a good thing. Add in Top which means best, and it works. It's a good name."

I have to admit she has a point. Nature girl is approving of the Radical Faerie naming, I suppose!

And that's the update. Bella is VERY happy to hear I'll be in town for 12 whole days before my next trip. Pamela too. I imagine Isaac would be too, if he had a refined concept of time. But he's just a boy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't help falling in love with the stories and the people who are the main characters! Thank you!