Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Cleveland Style

1) The meetings here in Cleveland have gone very well, and I got the info I needed to take the next steps in this project. The cat is out of the bag, strike up the band, we're getting this show on the road.

2) We have had ICE DRIZZLE here for 3 days now: My car has been become encased in ice every time I park it, and today I wound up scraping the windows 5 separate times. I AM TIRED OF THIS. We're talking thick ice mixed with snow making all of the windows completely opaque. IT IS RIDICULOUS.

When I return in 2 weeks, I fully expect this situation to be resolved.

3) Speaking of leaving - I am jetting out of town early tomorrow to avoid a lake-effect snow storm that will dump over a foot on the area starting late afternoon. I think the ticket change fee was well spent in this particular case.

4) Tonight I had "Cleveland's Best Pizza" at Geraci's. It's a really sweet tomato sauce and a thick chewy crust, with thick cut pepperoni and sausage with big fennel seeds.. I'm gonna go out and say that I have not had pizza like this before: This is not new york style, nor chicago style. It is Cleveland Style. And I like it.

Between the ice storms and the pizza, my co-workers and I are now applying "Cleveland Style" to have both positive AND negative connotations. It's the verbal equivalent of a shrug.

No comments: