Saturday, January 23, 2010

Life

Well, my last update from Cleveland was at the end of a long week and my brain was frankly wiped... and I was a bit frustrated at having been uninvited to a meeting that was actually the only reason I had stayed in Cleveland through Friday, so my apologies if it read as "annoyed". But annoyed I was. A day has cooled my temper.

First things first: "Dinosaur Train". This is Isaac's new favorite thing. It's a show about talking dinosaurs who take a magic train through time to visit other dinosaurs. It's a clever way to acknowledge that not all dinosaurs existed at the same time. Its a semi-science show too. But at the heart of it: It's DINOSAURS and TRAINS. Pretty much subject-matter CRACK for the 3 year old boy brain. Bella likes the actual science of it too. Finally, it's fun to say. DINOSAUR TRAIN. Ok. On to the rest of it.

Today Bella got a second place ribbon in her Synchronized Swimming technicals - this was just presentation of the forms, which she did ably and happily. Pamela was with her all afternoon as this was going on, and Isaac and I were men about the house. Isaac swam this morning and we had lunch, a couple of shows, some wrassling, and some epic Hide'n'Seek. Isaac likes to tell me EXACTLY where to hide, then goes off to count, and makes a beeline for where he told me to hide, yelling "FOUND YOU!". After indulging him once, it became great fun for me to quietly move to a different location and make him FIND me. And happily, he actually thought that made it a more fun game (!!!). When it's his turn to hide, 99% of the time, he will simply hide exactly where he found ME, but with modifications - he is very good at squeezing behind and under things, so it actually is a bit of an adventure to find him. By the end of the day, he was tired and cranky, which made the arrival of Bella and her friends from synchro a bit of an upset - he was NOT happy to have visitors, and hid.

In addition to the Synchro friends, we had a special visitor this evening: Justin, who was Bella's "Manny" for a couple of years (and also sat Isaac in the first 6 months of his life) is taking off to LA to try to make it in the film business, and is making the rounds of farewells. It was wonderful to see him - and Bella was very happy to see him too. Isaac was of course too young to really remember him, but was nice to him nonetheless... he warmed up a bit.

It's a quiet house now: Pamela fell asleep with Bella, Isaac zonked out, and Zinsser is asleep with Isaac. I'm the lone mouse making noise in the house, and I think it's time I packed it in too.

No comments: