Sunday, March 25, 2007

A glorious day

Though the weatherman said we were getting storms in the afternoon, today wound up being a gorgeous spring day - temp in the 70's with a cool wind, bright sun, blue skies with fluffy clouds... Bella was out in the communal yards up the block having fun, and we walked Isaac over to Turtle Bread for pastry treats.

Yesterday was also very nice - Mom had us over to tea and sandwiches (though thankfully the requisite cucumber and watercress sandwiches of a traditional tea were passed over - our sandwiches had lots and lots of bacon on them). Bella and Isaac interacted with Jasper, the most patient bunny rabbit on the planet, and we had a very nice time.

The devoted reader will be relieved to know that those sniffles were most likely allergies from a warm day and emerging molds and pollens. I have acquired some sudafed (again, the real stuff) to help me through, though after yesterday none has been needed... AND the rabbit did not make me sniffle. The Christmas Miracle continues.



Last night, another piece of music created, and more work on my book covers. THIS afternoon, I did more revisions on the book covers (so picky) and finally came up with a possible logo for this venture... let me know if you like it (if it shows up here... it's not showing up as I write this). It's pretty simple, but I was going for clear type, the little brain, and sort of a sunrise and/or light bulb going on feel.

Tonight, I did finally work out after another 10 day gap... and I'm a bit sore: My arms felt like rubber as I rocked Isaac to sleep tonight. I also told stories to Bella and had a long chat in bed... and it was very funny: In her running around today she spent a lot of time with an 8 year old, and Bella picked up those vocal inflections completely:

"I was all 'hey what's that' and she was like 'oh that's just a thing' and I was totally 'no way'." What's funny is that she's like a sponge with language and picks up new phrasings just like that, mimics them for a day or two, and then she's back to her own unique patois. She's a clever girl, that one.

So tonight, I don't think I'll be writing another song, or tweaking the books further (I'm waiting on Paul's opinion on my new covers and logo), and I already did a Japanese lesson, so I think... yes... I think I might actually go to bed. IMAGINE THAT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I think I like the sunrise and the brain. Logos are really tough for me. I bet others have a more direct line to Art than I do.
Jasper - all day - has continued to look for the children and spend lots of time on the human side of the couch. When Sara was reading her lines, he came out and ran around her feet. He's not done that before either. He just went back behind the couch. Time for a rest. Those children - I am pretty sure he thinks - are like magic. You just never know when they are going to just appear. He wants to be there when they do.