Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Where to start?

1) I am hopelessly addicted to the NBC show "Heroes". It started with a single download, and I'm now 13 episodes in... out of the 18 so far. It's like X-Men meets X-Files, the whole thing is a big story arc, it's well written and acted, and the characters are engaging. EXCELLENT show.

2) I was thrown for a loop this weekend - I worked a "Golive" for one of the modules at my current client. I was at work 6am-2pm Sunday and Monday, with the added bonus that with things going WELL, there was literally nothing to do. Nothing to do but watch 6 episodes of Heroes, I guess. But worse, it threw off my clock (along with DsT) and I've felt uncreative and unproductive so far this week... alas.

3) I think I have a NEW client starting next month - while I've recently been doing work on revenue cycle (the business side of hospitals), my previous gig was working with radiologists, and it was somehow more rewarding: It was good to be directly involved with patient care tools rather than insurance tracking. My current contract does go to the end of the year, but it's mostly maintenance work - and you all know how well I cotton to maintenance work. Well, some old friends called up and asked me to be working with CARDIOLOGISTS for the next year or more at a major hospital in downtown. I've had a couple of interviews, and I also cleared things with my current client, and it'll start part time next month. So I might be taking the bus again, I'll be skyway walking, and I'll be involved in tools that directly impact patients again. FUN!!!

4) Did I mention that I've finished the second BrainReady book? I just need to format the cover and it's ready to go. It should be available in a few weeks. Book 3 is half written at this point - see points 1 and 2 as to why I haven't finished it yet. Between feeling draggy, and needing to finish this fantastic show, my plans for world domination are alas on hold.

5) Tonight, we had a date night, and went to a place called "Let's Dish" - basically, it's food prep stations, where you get a whole mean ready to cook, and you bag it up and freeze it. It's pretty reasonably priced, and you get access to decent ingredients and recipes. And it's fun to go around the stations and assemble these food kits. It was a great evening, and we have 13 different meals, each of which is enough for two nights.

6) Isaac can now sit by himself... until he falls over. But he's soooo strong!

7) Two new Bella-isms: when she gets an idea of something to do, she says "Are you thinking what I'm thinking? How about the Burrito Store!!!" But the "Are you thinking" thing is just too excellent. The other one was her standing on the couch, pointing to a spider web, saying, "Hey, look at this beauty". As though she was a used car salesman or something.

Her language is just so charming. We're so lucky to have such a clever girl.

And that's the update. I'm sure there's more, but it'll have to wait. I need to get up in 5 hours to work out.

No comments: