Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Many iPods, many purposes

I have SIX iPods. It is too many, but each has a purpose. Tonight, number six serenaded us with a great mix, which got me reflective:

Number 1 is a 40gig 3rd Gen. He lives on the Bose SoundDock in the living room, and provides dinner and party music.

Number 2 is a 4gig silver Mini, and permanently by Bella's bed with speakers and plays night night music, and the occasional boom boom music during the day.

Number 3 is a first generation shuffle and sits unloved on my third floor.

Number 4 is a 4 gig Nano, and he's my running around listening to stuff iPod.

Number 5 is the 80 gig Video iPod, who has my tv shows and movies, and Bella watches shows on it during long road trips.

Number 6 is the NEW shuffle, and he's clipped to the cup holder in the Mini. I fill him up with random mixes from my music collection, and he has the soul of a DJ. Tonight, he hit us with the following five-in-a-row:
- Something Good by Utah Saints
- Mad World by Tears for Fears
- The Walk by The Cure
- One in Ten by UB40/808State
- Rescue by Echo and the Bunnymen.

At that point, I had to simply stop it from playing, since ANYTHING it played after that point would be somehow... disappointing... if it had uncorked an NSync or something, it would have been a buzzkill.

And that's my iPod story.

No comments: