Sunday, March 04, 2007

Workout Update + Zoo and Ikea

After 10 days, I finally went back to the workout studio for my exercise... And I feel great. I didn't lose any ability being gone those days. I do have to say that part of my not going was about the insane busy-ness we find ourselves in, but also I was a little sad.

Turns out my little 6am "private classes" on Monday and Thursday aren't terribly profitable for the organization, with the Mondays regularly bringing in, oh, two of us. So they canceled the Monday and are keeping the Thursday. The issue is that if not at 6am, then sometime that the kids and family are awake and I could be with them. So I'll have to find a regular early evening slot to colonize to keep my 2-a-week going.

I will survive.

On another subject - we went to the Zoo today with Anne, Tony, Evan, and Marit: I've worked with Anne, and done music with Tony for many years, and we're great friends... and Bella is right between Evan and Marit, so she enjoys time with them too. The zoo was fairly sparse, with all of the outdoor exhibits closed, and "just" the aquarium and tropics exhibit open. But it was great fun. It was bittersweet watching the dolphin show - they've lost 2 or 3 of their dolphins this year, so they're down to 2 performers...

On the way home, we stopped at Ikea so that Pamela could get more boxes with which to better organize her life. On the way in, Bella walked right over to the kid's playland and said - I'll be in here while you shop (it's a sign-in, monitored play area, for this purpose). This would be her third visit to the area, but always it had been with a friend. Today she just wanted to be in there, no matter who was or wasn't with her. It was very "big girl" of her, and we got a little misty.

At the end of the hour, she came out smiling, but not divulging any information about what she did, if she had fun, or anything. Only as we were in bed for stories did she tell me that the best part of her day was jumping in the ball pit in playland.

She also said she didn't ever want to get any bigger, that she likes being small. Well, maybe she could be 5, but not more than that. For once, we're in agreement - I'm going to miss that little girl when get gets bigger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to wonder the same - about you and C being so amazingly perfect at certain ages. I have found one of the true powers of love is that you get to keep the ages - every one of them - and because of the love, it's always right there. It will, however, take Bella a while to reclaim all those amazing beings..... you and Pam will have access to them forever.
Great stories!