Sunday, September 09, 2007

TechnoJinx

First Pamela's phone is awol. Now, my Laptop just died. The hard drive made an ominous "click". And now it is dead.

Fortunately, even though I've been lax on the backups, my actual data loss is looking to be very minimal - one spreadsheet, really, which can be easily recreated. My blog is hosted out here, my email is at Google, my work files are on the work PC, my music is on the ipod and Pamela's computer...

I swear, with my phone mojo, and with my way of killing computers, I think I emit some sort of rays. Perhaps I have a superpower.

And it had been such a nice weekend up to that point. I was reading The Week magazine and there was a recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala that leapt out at me... I felt compelled to spend the afternoon cooking it. My house smells like a tandoori joint, and that's a wonderful thing. And the recipe was SPOT ON - it was delicious. Pamela was out most of the day, as was Bella, so it was us MEN cooking. Or, it was me cooking, trying to keep Isaac from hanging on the oven door to pull it open, or reach up to the stove top (still too short thankfully).

Bella has been full of quotes recently: She was talking about plants and said "but don't water them too much - you can kill them with kindness". We have no idea where that one came from. Yesterday morning, she sang a tender song to Isaac: "Penis boy, penis boy... you're my little penis boy!" Repeat around 40 times.

Well, I'll get off of Pamela's computer now and skulk upstairs and read analog books. Whoo hoo!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh noooooo. I am sorry. Laptops need to have longer lives. It is, I am convinced, just luck. No karma. Sometimes it just happens. Consider it an eclipse thing - and with all this intense energy beaming down at us now something's gotta give. Better a computer. Thank that little stand in.

I can hear Julies voice in the plant story you told about Bella. Fun to hear these.

Saw "The Lookout" and "Sweet Land" - both very good films.

b said...

i've also tried the chicken tikka masala recipe. It was great. I've misplaced my copy of the recipe. could you post it.