Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's MAGIC

Magic with Bella: Tonight as I was trying to tell her a story from my youth about a "magic" folding quarter, Bella told me a few of her favorite magic tricks. (All are in her own words - I'm just transcribing here)

1) You need a gardening glove and a cap from a marker. Hold the cap out, and then tell the person to close their eyes. While their eyes are closed, slip the cap into the glove. Then when they open their eyes, they can't see where the cap went!

2) Take a stuffed animal, say like a dog. You hold the dog out, and then tell the person to close their eyes. While their eyes are closed, stuff the animal into a box or something.

At this point I remarked "You'd sure need to trust that people will close their eyes, because if they open them, they'll see how the trick is done!". Her answer: "I DO trust them. I always trust them."

Then:
"One final final question. For tonight, I mean. Do you think a bee would ever sting a butterfly?"
I answered that I didn't THINK so, because what could a butterfly do to annoy a bee?
"Are you kidding? The butterfly could totally get down in front of the bee and flap its wings right in the bee's FACE. That's what"
I conceded the point.

No comments: