Friday, May 02, 2008

Sniffles

This mild cold is sticking with me like glue... which I believe will scotch my plan to give blood tomorrow - they ask for 3 days of health prior to donation. At least I had that steak. MMMmmmmmm Steak.

I got home safe and sound, and am just happy to be back with the family. Isaac was very sleepy when I went to get him our of bed (I couldn't wait), and he wound up falling back asleep hugging Pamela, which was so cute and sweet we had to let him rest. Bella was out playing quite a bit, but I got to put her to bed, so we had some cuddle time. I swear she got 5 inches taller in my absence!

Isaac is really working on his words: He can identify the shape "Star" (TAR), and is noticing all the different animals in books I read to him, though now many are called by the sounds they make: A cow is a "MOO", a horse is a "NEIGH"... though fish (BISH) do make sounds "smack smack smack".

Pamela's making a decoupage plate of some of Isaac's favorite things (AIRPLANE is front and center), we're sitting by the fire, and I'm about to go upstairs and see f I can make some headway on that sleep deficit.

One final note: I finished two more books via Kindle this trip, one of which was the first book in the Neal Stephenson "Massive Period Piece" trilogy... which as you'll recall I had previously tossed aside at page 200 in the paper edition. Sticking with it was quite rewarding - the story DOES get moving and there are some amazing set pieces concocted. Now I have 2 more books to go... already loaded in the Kindle naturally.

No comments: