Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Portland Effect

So this is the crazy travel week - 24 hours in Portland, home to put the kids to bed, then followed by 24 hours in Denver. I had a couple of good events yesterday.

I introduced one client to the wonders of the Voodoo donut. She enjoyed the "Voodoo Doll", which is person shaped, jelly filled, chocolate dipped, and pierced with a pretzel stick. She "let" me enjoy the Bacon Maple, which was amazing as always. In the spirit of options, I had also got a custard filled (with little eyes drawn on the top) and the Old Dirty Bastard (Raised with chocolate dip, oreo crumbs, and peanut butter), which we gave to some geeks on her team. No I did not revisit the VooDoo this morning. One donut per visit is enough.

In the evening, we did a team building dinner - my six people have had a pretty rough couple of weeks, with 2 of them NOT GOING HOME for over 3 weeks. So I treated the gang to a steak dinner and drinks to thank them for their work. But there was no carousing afterward - everyone just wanted to go home and crash.

This trip, I've been catching up on the Alan Partridge BBC shows: Steve Coogan was simply brilliant in this series following a washed up BBC presenter adjusting to life as a radio announcer in Norwich. Combined with Heroes (Episode Six, another BARN BURNER), I have good media mojo happening right now.

Poor Pamela has bad Stair Mojo happening: She slid down our stairs at home yesterday and banged up her bum and elbow: Thankfully nothing broke, and her back didn't give up the ghost... but I'm demanding that she wear workboots with strong vibram soles and strong ankle support whenever she attempts to navigate any vertical passage (see a few weeks back, the Isaac Lip Incident for other Stair Mojo issues).

Besides, I need her at full fighting strength: We're rearranging the basement for better feng shui, and everything is turvy topsy. We need both of us to whip it into shape down there by the weekend!

Something about Oregon encourages beards: I've seen quite a few big bushy chin afros around here. Interesting. That's it for now.

No comments: