Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Quick Ones

Bella IS sick: She spent Monday and Tuesday in bed with a fever and some puking, but somehow managed to perk up when I came home from San Fran tonight... so we played some go fish, colored, read stories, and cuddled, while Pamela got some much needed time... Isaac was also a bit of a wreck tonight and passed out pretty early so we're hoping there's not any sickness headed that direction.

San Fran was wonderful and productive this time - no grand adventures to Muir Woods alas, but good connections with clients current and future, and some consultant bonding too.

Two quotes from Bella for you:
1) Jenny wasn't at swimming with Bella on Saturday, and Grandma wondered if perhaps she was sick, so she asked Bella "Was Jenny on the bus with you yesterday?"

"Why do you ask?" was her response.

2) At Bella's birthday party, where was a short food fight (clearly started by the older boys). On Monday, Pamela asked "Who started the food fight at your party?"

Her response: "I don't know: I wasn't involved."

These are very grown up responses from my little girl.

Well, I'm home now until next Tuesday - hopefully the house will not get any sicker, but if something does happen, I'll be here to help.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well now, we do have a big kid stuff happening: my school, my friends, my business. Very, very familiar. Glad you are home and that you're helping out. Have loved the stories of the weekend fun. And congrats on the business successes and the shifts you are doing at the gym!