Thursday, November 27, 2008

Food Update

First: Immediately after buying the white beast, Pamela and I celebrated with burgers at Portillos.

Second: Yesterday evening, we enjoyed Lou Malnatis pizza with the K family, and some friends of Bailey and Ty who were over for hijinks. It was really really fun to watch them interacting - and it reminded me of being that age, hanging out with friends at people's houses...

A highlight of the evening was two impromptu performances by Ty's friend Tim (doing some dance and singing - the man is shooting for BoyBand status), and Ty who did a little trumpet concerto, but was frustrated by not having warmed up (neither his lips, nor his trumpet which was in the garage...) - In my book, it took guts just to say "yes I'll play you something", and I was just proud that he went for it. I don't think I would have done a recital for family friends at that age... Though if memory serves, many of the family friends DID come see PG13 play at the park centers that we performed at.

So we really have been fitting a lot in...

Oh yes, so far, I've talked to two teen fans of Twilight who were somewhat "meh" about the movie - Bailey's friend Morgan, and our niece Lilli. They had a lot invested in their own imaginings of the characters and couldn't get past appearances. Lilli was horrified that the Cullen house was so different from the book. We all agree that whatever that character thinks she is, she is not OUR Alice.

Ok, now to catch up on Heroes - everyone's asleep (except Papa who is working on the rigging of the ship) so now is my chance.

No comments: