Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Cleveland's Finest

Good food day: Tried another small, Cleveland-only sub shop called GRUM'S, where almost all sandwiches include the word Grum. Like the Grum. The Grumster. The GrumSTEER, the SeaGrum, and Grumizza. We all liked it, but are more fans of Dave's Cosmic Subs a few doors down. Plus, the people weren't that friendly. Sort of just stared us down as we walked in. That's Cleveland Style, though, as our visit to the small italian deli a few weeks back showed.

Speaking of Cleveland Style, I couldn't resist a visit to Cleveland's finest pizza tonight. It was good as I remembered. I took a nap upon returning to the hotel room... though it was short and followed with 3 more hours of work. YES.

At work today, I felt great leaps forward in a few meetings, only to have a frustrating bit at the end: I was engaged in something of a dance with two parties - one who was asking for a date to be moved, one who was directly affected by the date moving. I was trying to get the date asker to qualify the request, so that I didn't have to bug the affected party unduly, and this was NOT critical - I had a few days to get this resolved.

Halfway through the exchange, one of the parties (who was actually only copied on the email, not an active participant) decided this is an "issue" and escalated it to my boss and my boss' boss. Who then called around that made everyone just do that damn thing.

Which means I now have one less card to play with the affected party (I was trying to keep his team's workload low and build some credit), and the asking party now knows they can holler for what they want without justification. I spent the afternoon cleaning that mess up.

People. I had this under control. TRUST THE JIMMY.

No comments: