Monday, March 01, 2010

Up in the Air

Travel travel travel. After 10 wonderful days at home, I'm back in the Land of Cleve. The flight out was typical, the rental was ready, the hotel had a room on my favorite floor.

My office was dark and quiet... But as I've described in the past - there's a front door that is locked, and a back way in through a kitchen and an unused office into our workspace. So I barged on through, to find a woman practicing yoga in the unused office. With a TV and DVD player. I murmured an apology and hustled past, actually stepping around her. It was a little awkward. These quiet corners of the gigantic facility we're in - I think everyone has a place they like to hide out in. Another day a woman had her head down on the desk and was blasting music on headphones. Obviously a chill out space. I feel like I should put a sign on the door - "Go ahead and use this space to chill - just don't mind us".

My first room at the hotel tonight was one of those "adjoining" ones with a door between rooms. This is never a problem, unless one person in the arrangement happens to like television. Then that thin door is no match for the audio waves, and we're both enjoying Cleveland's Number One News Team. Fortunately they have a few open rooms here, so they moved me without a fuss (no point in bugging mister TV guy - it's not his fault - in a normal room, nobody would have heard anything).

Bella had another set of Synchro meets this weekend, and did quite well: Her team placed second, and she got 8th place out of 22 girls in her compulsory figures, so good going Bella!!! Isaac, Zinsser, and I held down the fort while that was going on... thought we did go see her performance on Sunday at the hottest (temperature wise) pool in the twin cities. It was muggy, steamy, and unreasonable. But the girls in suits were probably comfortable. Us spectators, trapped in PANTS were left to simmer.

Oh, a followup point on an earlier post: I was able to find the Radio Edit of Boom Boom Pow, in which they don't say "S**t" a dozen times. Which was a good find, though you can't buy it like that from iTunes, Amazon, or anywhere else. So I just say "thank you internet" for my sources for finding a hit song without the cusswords. The kids are happy (and none the wiser).

Allright, off to creative ventures: I'm trying to take at least a half hour of every day and be creative in some way (Blogging sort of counts) - I'm back to Languages for a little, and some music too... no big expectations. Just something to stir the grey matter around a bit. It's good.

No comments: