Sunday, July 04, 2010

Some Kid Quotes, plus nightmares.

1) Driving up the block, there's a bright blue Late 1970s-era Pontiac Trans-Am parked. Bella says:
"That car is AWESOME. The Color is AWESOME, and the LOOK of the car is AWESOME".

In case you were wondering, yes, she fell through a time portal. She was supposed to have been born in 1967. She's the hippie kid I never was.

2) Isaac woke us up early Friday morning demanding I crack open the container of powdered sugar donut holes. I gave him one and went back to sleep... an hour later I was up and making breakfast for real and asked Isaac if he wanted another donut hole. He said "No thanks, but they sure are tasty!"

3) Night of horror: Friday afternoon, Isaac was looking a little pale and said his stomach hurt a little. He still had dinner, but by 6pm, he had crawled into Pamela's arms for a cuddle and passed out cold. We put him up into bed. Around 11, when we went to bed ourselves, we changed his pull-up (still refusing the potty, that goat). At 1, he climbed into our bed, and by 1:15 I had been pushed out, so I went to his bed, and lay down.... in puke. IT WAS HORRIBLE. So I cleaned everything up and checked him out - it was cold and dry in some places, so I suspect it happened around midnight. Anyway, I cleaned it up. And will never forget the horror.

4) After my week away, it was hard to be back in Cleveland, though the new offices are very nice. I have a large office with a door and a window that looks out into trees. It's in a nice neighborhood with walking distance to a Starbucks and a great Mediterranean place too. Plus, our team had been split between two sites, and were all together finally... it felt like things were finally going to get done.

Could this be a turning point for my attitude there? Would I feel better about things?

Alas, no. Being out of our depressing place in the bad part of town, I could no longer distract myself with that misery... and the full focus of just how messed up the environment and project are came into sharper focus. I gotta get out of Cleveland.

As I was telling Pamela about all of this, she threw up her hands - "Why are you being so nice to them about your transition plan? They're messing everything up! You shouldn't feel ANY guilt about wanting out". That is so true. My wife is wise. Also, she's rightfully weary of me not being happy. I'm a much happier person than this.

That's the update for right now.... more later!

4)

No comments: