Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's See-wee-us

To prep for the road trip to Chicago next weekend, I got some videos for Bella that she doesn't know about. She has ravenously consumed all of the episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins I could find, so I needed to keep these in reserve. But I've been watching them myself - it's a show called "Wonder Pets".

It's maybe the cutest thing I've ever seen. A kindergarten class hamster, duckling, and turtle go out to save animals "in trouble". The whole show is sung like an opera, and there are crazy little jokes throughout it. It's done with animated pictures, not really drawings, so it has a very cut-and-paste look to it. And it is cute cute cute. The songs won't leave my head. And every episode, when things are getting tense, the duckling says "This is SERIOUS!" but of course it is said "see-wee-us".

Allright back to life: Today was BodyJam, and I brought Bella in her special dance outfit. The problem was that it was VERY full today, and Bella got nervous about performing amid 20+ adults. So she played by the sidelines and was totally shy. But they were previewing the next release, with latin dance numbers which I was loving beyond reason. This will be fun. I'm lobbying the management to add a Jam class at 6am, because it's very easy for me to sneak out for 6am, and be at home at 7:15 for a half hour of family time before getting to work by 8. It's a win-win-win.

Speaking of rest - I was officially busted nodding off in a meeting the other day (not by a boss). Fortunately they're chalking it up to me having Isaac in the house. If I'm leading, note taking, or actively participating, there's no problem. But if I'm there in a FYI capacity, and they're talking about finance things, boy, I'd be hard pressed to stay awake even WITH more than 5 hours of sleep. But don't tell them that. I just got extended to the end of 2007.

Other details - I got the final proofs of the book off to my partner, and we should have it at the printers next week... though he may be a tad unfocused because he just had to evacuate his neighborhood outside of Seattle, which is now a disaster area. And I restarted Japanese after a 3 month break (hello Isaac!). So that's fun.

Now I'm going to go curl up with some Sci Fi and fall asleep after 10 pages. See ya!

No comments: