Sunday, December 17, 2006

Lazy Sunday

We went to the christmas pageant at church today - in typical UU style, it was a fun and slightly irreverent take on the whole business. The adoring animals included fish, a dinosaur, and a skunk (all kids in costumes). Many of the chorus of angels were wearing stripey tights and/or cowboy boots, and the baby jesus was delivered by a gaggle of kids on scooters, skates, and a unicycle, and Mary had to sign for Him.

Afterwards, it was arts and crafts for the kids, and Bella made several ornaments, a candy cane out of beads and pipe cleaners, a colorful votive holder, and a paper dreidel. Then to brunch, and home.

I went to help neighbors buy a computer, and when I got back a mere hour later, Pamela was asleep, as was Isaac, and somehow Bella had the VideoiPod, and was playing WonderPets. I looked at the snoozing Pamela, and she shrugged. Now I'm afraid I'll need to find something ELSE magical for the trip! On the plus side, Bella is giggling like crazy - the wonder pets are working for her!

I need to share that a teenager has joined our family. Occasionally, Bella will move with slightly more poise, and have a more detached, aloof look to her. She asks us to call her "Annalise" and claims to be 18 years old. When she is Annalise, she is very helpful. Last night when Jenny was over, they got Annalise ready to go off to College. Fortunately they came back pretty quickly. It was a wild preview of 14 years into the future.

I wonder if I can get in on the napping action around here? What's a guy got to do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pvAnnalise works for Grannn. I like these characters. Bella's face on that Santa card is pure magic for me. Eloise came to mind with that vision. And I can see Bella as the Queen of the Plaza Hotel. Or I can see Bella's first autobiography already - I WAS MY OWN AU PAIR.

BTW, a heartwrenching DVD to be aware of is "Joyeux Noel". A true story of WWI. It shows how truly insane the leaders of the country were. And how right it is to reach across boundaries. All the special features are in french.

Anonymous said...

Annalise works for Grannn. I like these characters. Bella's face on that Santa card is pure magic for me. Eloise came to mind with that vision. And I can see Bella as the Queen of the Plaza Hotel. Or I can see Bella's first autobiography already - I WAS MY OWN AU PAIR.

BTW, a heartwrenching DVD to be aware of is "Joyeux Noel". A true story of WWI. It shows how truly insane the leaders of the countries were. And how right it is to reach across boundaries. All the special features are in french.