Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The love, the horror

The Love: Upgraded my phone to a Samsung Blackjack. SEXY PHONE. Love the phone. Email, Calendar, Contacts, Messaging, Web, it's all there, it's all good. AND it's small. So in summation: I love my phone.

The Horror: The client had their Xmas party today, so everyone left at 3pm to go to... the VFW hall just up the block. I walked in, and it was pretty much EXACTLY how you might imagine a party at a VFW hall would be: Brown carpet, brown chairs. Fried chicken in a buffet on styro plates, Buy your own beer in the bar next door, by the pulltab window. Oh, and it's exempt from the clean air act apparently because the smoke of a thousand ages decided to adhere to my sweater the instant I walked in.

I spent my polite hour and hightailed it. The sweater was thrown out the window somewhere outside of Golden Valley. (not really, but it will be laundered.)

Oh, the book is going to the printers TONIGHT - not last week, since my partner got swamped (literally) in the Seattle storms and only got back into town today. But it's gonna happen.

It's a date night tonight, and that makes it allright. Dinner? Movie? Not sure. We'll see. But no work, please. We need some fun!

(PS - no I did not get that nap Sunday)

No comments: