Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back to work you lot.

First day of "work" since the 22nd... and I realized that it was the longest I had gone without holding my kids. I went through a little withdrawal. The kids were so cumulatively exhausted that Bella slept from 4pm-9pm, then 11-8am. Isaac went down at 10, and slept through to 7am. Pamela's so wiped she went to sleep with Bella at 8:30 tonight. I was supposed to be working, but Uncle Chicken had to come celebrate the new year with me, and we were surfing insane Youtube videos (the Infomercial for Quintron, Miss Pussycat and the DrumBuddy is the best ever)... now I'm ready to go sleepy.

Fortunately to get me through the day, Pamela was emailing with some commentary from Bella. They were watching President Ford's funeral. Here are the quotes:

"Is that him with the silly haircut?"
About the hearse..."Is that a taxi?"

And when told they were going to bring the casket into the church... she asked"What are they going to do in there" Pamela said "People are going to talk about his life and say prayers and sing special songs" Bella said " You mean like Itsy Bitsy Spider and stuff?"

I got a vision of a church choir doing a very solemn "itsy bitsy spider" as the pallbearers (or "The Bears" as Bella called them) did the processional....

Did I forget to mention that I did get a Wii-related injury last week? As I was doing the bowling game, I lept up with excitement at a strike, and banged my hand into a ceiling fan. It left a good welt. I was reminded of the time in college when I lept up in my room at the French House in an overenthusiastic reaction to The Human League's soporific version of "you've lost that loving feeling", and sliced my hand open shattering the overhead light. I tend to have injurious reactions. Still, better to hurt me than hurt Pamela with a poorly placed elbow or knee...

At BodyJam yesterday, I was up near a mirror as I was dancing, and came to the realization that I'm basically the tin man, or a collection of rulers and rubberbands. I can not be as funky as a stocky little guy (Isaac), but I can perhaps use my lankyness to some advantage.

Two final points: The test printing of our book arrives tomorrow, so we get to see what it's all about. Secondly, I really don't know why I had to tell you all my theories about clock selling. But it IS called "JimVentions".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The all death all the time week on the tv we just had was one for the books. I sure wish there was as much coverage of James Brown's funeral as there was of the the president's pomp and the shabby Iraq cellphone footage. Your coverage made me laugh and that really helped and so did the image of the High Church Choir doing "Itsy Bitsy Spider". I do think that the folks at the Apollo Theater might have done some fine "Spider" riffs - "and he climbed higher and higher, lord almighty that spider he's climbing straight to heaven. Do I hear an 'amen'"
Amen - thanks for the stories.