Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Still Standing

No idea what was keeping Isaac going today. He was up a few times in the night, and woke up at 7:30 sharp. Then, according to Pamela, he had 3 15 minute naps before I got home at 6... And he was alternating between partying and coughing. Oh, and he was not eating either. Pamela was a wreck, and I was happy to take over.

Nerd Alert:
I helped Jeff and Rita configure their new Dell laptop - a 17" screen brute that they're sure to love. We used a 3rd party "data mover" application, which was hardly worth the $20 we spent on it, and certainly not as complete or elegant as Apple's (free with every mac) migration assistant. I also spent a few long minutes not able to connect to their wireless network, before learning that a paranoid brother-in-law had come and locked down their router to MAC addresses only - a security precaution that we don't even use on our networks at the HOSPITAL. Complete overkill and it locked out their new computer...

Fortunately, I was able to quickly defeat that security "feature" and all went well from there.

I really don't mind helping people set up Windows computers - it reminds me every single time that Apple is sooo much better and easier... But I do charge money to work on Windows. Macs, I do for love.

Nerd Alert over.

So now I'm home, Isaac is crying, and i'm off to help. Night night!

No comments: