Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My Big Girl

One nice way we end our days is to cuddle up with Bella until she falls asleep. Pamela and I trade off nights. We do back scratches and foot rubs and scalp massages, it's just a nice night. It's also a nice excuse to close my eyes for a few minutes before doing nighttime things.

Tonight, after I finished reading our bedtime story, Bella told me "I think I'm ready to be a big girl and go to sleep without anyone else in my bed tonight".

I told her I'd be right outside if she needed me. "Sure, if I need a back scratch, or a foot rub, I'll call you. Good night Daddy!".

I walked outside and felt a little sad. Happily, Isaac woke up and distracted me for 15 minutes while I got him back to sleep. I poked my head in and saw that Bella was fast asleep, with a sweet smile on her face.

I came downstairs and I needed a hug. Bella's getting too big. Awww I got something in my eye.

No comments: