Sunday, January 14, 2007

Quick Update

1) So that night Bella decided she's a big girl and doesn't need us for bedtime... it was all talk. She's welcomed us back to night-night land every night since. HA!

2) The Basement is finally together (with some tweaking necessary). Surround sound and subwoofer set up, couch and chairs, comfyland made for movies and socializing. I call it "The Lair". The other 2/3 of the basement is bella's playland, with a curtain dividing it between bella's "house" with a kitchen, table, and doll stuff, and the creative/building area with a table, legos, blocks, and little people toys.

I was amazed at how it all came together. When I went to bed at 11, it all seemed so far away, but Pamela got her groove on and made it happen.

3) Headaches: Pamela was sidelined yesterday with a headache and exhaustion, so I tended the kids and tried to keep things moving along (with limited success). She took a good long nap and we finally got going again around 6pm. We chalked it up to exhaustion or something... but today I woke up a bit groggy, and here we are at noon, and I have a raging headache. UGH. Must be some sort of short-term ick. (and yet, I update FOR YOU, my friends).

4) Despite me saying it's almost ready how many times... the book is actually published and ready for ordering HERE. We are also revamping our site - the ads weren't working so we took them down (except for one that we're keeping because we have a direct reciprocity thing with them), and we have guest writers starting up - starting with the guy who wrote the FISH series of motivational books... we're pretty lucky!

5) My favorite defunct synthesizer company Waldorf has been reborn, and I'm excited to see their new products. Their first two new synths are named after Bond Villains - the Blofeld and the Stromberg. How cool is THAT? Beats calling things "JX30" or "Alpha". They'll be showing them in 1 week at that trade show in Anaheim that I've done twice but not this year... Perhaps next year.

6) Bella has been running around the house saying "Yippee Kai Yay.... FLOCK!!!" I don't know where this came from, since I have not watched Die Hard for a few years... You may remember that key line from that movie - and "Flock" is not far off from the explicative at the end of that line. She is not fessing up to where this came from either. But she's been replacing the "Flock" with "Rainbow" and "Flower" - which she seems to think enhances things.

But she is a sponge: Yesterday I was testing the surround sound and subwoofer in "The Lair" with The Incredibles, and she picked up on Mr Incredible's tagline "It's Showtime". She's been using it a lot in the past day.

7) Heck YES I'm getting an iPhone. As if.

No comments: