Friday, January 04, 2008

Back in time...

After a full day of more meetings and an easy flight home, I walked in the door just after 8 last night to find Bella still awake and waiting up for me. I read to her and had cuddles while Pamela bolted to the basement to watch "her sports" (aka - CNN) to find out about the Iowa caucuses. But before letting her go... something had changed in the house...

In my one night of absence, Pamela had managed to paint and redecorate our bedroom, which is now a cool blue with burnt orange curtains, new knobs on the furniture, and new accent pieces. I rubbed my eyes with disbelief - it was (is) gorgeous! The paint stink was still present, however, so we made use of the 3rd floor guest room... which is such a wonderful space!

The morning came way too soon (extra soon since I chose to work out!) but I came home between workout and work for some family fun. It was not too stressful today, though I did have one of the cardiologists sit me down and carefully explain why he thought this whole project was a "clusterf**k" and that while it wasn't my fault, he'd appreciate it if I documented the extent to the "CF-ness" for the next person so they truly understand the situation. I assured him I would. Oh, he was passionate about this. This is truly important stuff to him.

I made it home again to find the house in cacophonous chaos: Isaac has refound his scream mechanism, and Bella was being entirely too helpful. But we all settled down to dinner, and I mean ALL of us: Even "never sit still" Isaac was in his high chair enjoying hot dog and strawberries... until he got a whiff of the spicy penne pasta I was having, and insisted on having some. In the end, he must have eaten over a dozen noodles along with his other food! Pamela and I were amazed. Then an 8 ounce bottle and snoozeyland.

We watched an All Creatures Great and Small, Bella's new favorite cuddle show, and then off to bed with her... but not before a few more stories. As she asked for just ONE MORE I explained how I had told her so many already and that my throat was getting tired. She paused and said "well, I noticed that in telling me that, you used a lot of words, you could have just told another story". Ooooh, she's too clever by half.

A blissfully light weekend of commitments this weekend. I suspect my powerdrill will be used a fair amount to hang art in the new bedroom, and we're having a late Xmas/Solstice/New Years with my mom on Sunday, but otherwise, it's just family time. And maybe just maybe I might hit bed a bit early tonight. Say, around 9:30pm? Oh the luxury! Be still my heart!

No comments: