Monday, January 07, 2008

The REV

Short update: Just had dinner with one of our favorite couples... and they announced a date for their wedding. And they asked me to participate in the wedding. But get this:

They asked me to go get ordained online and officiate! They want ME to marry them!

This is flat out the coolest thing I've ever been asked to do. I am beyond honored, and SO excited...

Now, which church: First UFO-itarian? Church of the Recidivist? Our Most Holy Disapproval? SPACE CHURCH? The mind reels at the possibilities!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done exactly this myself, for my sister. Got ordained, and am now oficially empowered to perform marriages in Minnesota.

If you want, I'd be happy to share my experiences on how I did the ordain thing, and the legal aspects, etc...

Let me know if you're intested, and we can figure out how to connect.

Dave Gratz

Jimmy B said...

Dave -
By all means - TELL ME MORE!

Write me directly at
jbreay (at) gmail (dot) com

THANKS!